As I was speaking Sunday I promised to post some additional thoughts on the topic of forgiveness. I have been speaking on Improvised Explosive Devices. My thoughts have been focused on schemes the enemy plants in our lives that explode into emotional or physical difficulty.
This past Sunday was spiritually intense. The topic of forgiveness is liberating when you receive forgiveness, but it is another story when we fail to forgive others.
As promised, I will post the points below I was unable to bring on Sunday.
If we fail to forgive others:
- We will constantly carry the emotional strain of the offense or the offender.
- We anticipate similar offenses will occur.
- We give over to others the power to determine how we feel, respond, and live.
- We relinquish the capability to fully learn from the problem.
- We become vulnerable to developing bitterness and resentment.
- We block God’s power to heal thoroughly.