Life been urgent lately? Have you found yourself so wrung out that you cannot tune in? Maybe you have been so busy, and consumed with your demands, that you are talking with others, but not really listening! It always amazes me that I swing from the urgent to the necessary like a monkey jumping from limb to limb. I have actually realized this is a part of my personality. Maybe I like working under the gun.
In the rat race of life, there are key elements that we must discover. Life is more than making money, accomplishing deadlines, or enjoying our pleasures. If we fail to control the pace, and skip what’s most important, we end believing “all is useless.”
Maybe the 3 simple words listed below will bring us some profound truth.
To the mover/shaker or the type A personality you may have skipped the word. Sometimes folks, you just need to stop. You see, to stop doesn’t mean slow down. It means to stop. God says; “to cease from your labor.” Stopping is not listening, it positions you to hear!
It’s time to view your life. Does your life look the way it should. Are you spending time with God, your kids, and your family? Does your life look like it’s supposed to? Are you living properly? Do you have a secret life? Look at your life today. The bible says; we are to examine our life. Stop, look, now listen!
Psalm 46:3 says…Be still and know that I am God. Are you listening? I notice the first thing I lose when I am pressed, tired, or consumed, is the ability to listen.
God wants to talk to you.
Will you take the time to stop, look, and listen?
I think you will. Do it now!
Someone said; never allow money to be your measure of wealth. Many people know that true happiness cannot be purchased with gifts,vacations, or with money.
I personally believe that financial success in the house of the Godly is a great combination.
I also believe that there can be joy and happiness in the home of those that have very little wealth.
So what is true wealth?
1. Righteousness is greater than wealth
- The Bible says; A little that the righteous has is greater than the riches of the wealth. In God’s economy being in a relationship with God is great wealth. I believe finding and flowing in a relationship with God is life’s greatest wealth!
2. Your integrity is greater than wealth
- The Bible says; a good name is chosen rather than great riches. In other words your integrity is greater than all the wealth you can gather. A good name is the result of having Godly values and choosing conviction over convenience.
3. Wisdom is greater than wealth
- The Bible says: wisdom is greater than rubies.Wisdom is certainly a wealth and the word says that the crown of the wise is their riches. In other words it requires wisdom to gather riches.
God’s wisdom and discernment is the key to finding wealth and keeping it. I am sure most businessmen and women will tell you that God’s wisdom is paramount in comparison to all other wealth of this world.
I hope this blog has sparked some thought and brought some perspective to your life.